Driveway and Sidewalk Permit

A permit is required for installing a driveway approach, sidewalk or curb and gutter in the public right-of-way. The permit can only be issued to a bonded contractor or a homeowner who obtains a certificate of insurance bond in the amount of $5,000 payable to the City of Moorhead.


Driveway Approach Permit $30
Sidewalk or Curb & Gutter Permit $0.75/linear foot

For Driveway & Sidewalk permits call the Engineering Department at 218.299.5390.

Right-of-Way Excavation Permit

Excavation permits are required whenever an excavation or underground work is planned within the City's right-of-way. No person may excavate any right-of-way without first having obtained the appropriate Right-of-Way Permit from the Engineering Department.

Applicants must submit a completed permit application form along with:

  • Scaled drawing showing the location of the proposed project
  • $25,000 minimum Contractor Bond
  • Certificate of Liability Insurance (City of Moorhead listed as additional insured)
  • Erosion/Sediment Control Permit Application


0'-500' $250

501'-1500 $550

1501'+ $1,250
Minimum Permit Fee (iNCLUDES sTORMWATER FEE)

Lawn Grade Permit

Engineering provides rear yard lawn grades to aid in establishing proper rear yard drainage. The fee is $40 per Lawn Grade request.

For Lawn Grade permits call Engineering at 218.299.5390

Over Dimensional/Weight Permit

Over Dimensional permits are required whenever a load is being moved within city limits that is oversize or overweight. No person may move an oversize load without first having obtained the appropriate Over Dimensional Permit from the Engineering Department.

Applicants must:

When to submit a single move application:

  • Moving more than one time a year, but with a different vehicle or load combination.
  • Moving only one time.

When to submit an annual application:

  • Moving multiple time within a year, with the same vehicle and load combination.


Single Move

Annual  $20
Additional Information and Forms