The Workers' Compensation Rebate Program is available to Moorhead businesses to reduce a portion of their Minnesota worker’s compensation insurance costs. Participating businesses submit an application each year to receive a credit for a percentage of the actual cost of workers' compensation insurance. You must submit your most recent audit statement and file MN income taxes to be eligible for this refundable credit to receive:
- 25% rebate of your workers' compensation expense
- Up to $30,000 rebate per business
To qualify for the program you fit the following criteria:
- You are a Moorhead business which is not exempt from paying Minnesota income tax
- You pay Minnesota workers' compensation insurance for employees
- You are not a facility of which the primary purpose is one of the following: provision of recreation or entertainment, private golf course, country club, massage parlor, tennis club, skating facility (including roller skating, skateboard & ice skating), racquet sports facility (including handball or racquetball court), hot tub facility, suntan facility, or racetrack.
- Oct 16, 2020 - Application & Insurance Audit Due
- Oct-Nov 2020 - Application Processing
- Dec 1, 2020 - Business application list send to MN Department of Revenue for verification
- Jan 2, 2021 - Schedule EPC sent to business for signature
- Jan 15, 2021 - Schedule EPC sent to State of Minnesota for signature
- Feb 1, 2021 - Schedule EPC sent to business to file with 2020 income tax return
If you believe your business qualifies but have not received an application, contact Moorhead Economic Development.