The Moorhead Municipal Airport, a general aviation airport, is located 3 miles southeast of Moorhead. Take Exit 6 off I-94 at Clay County 11 (3309 70th Street South, Glyndon, MN 56547).
The airport is staffed by Moorhead Aviation Services, offering aircraft maintenance, fuel, and onsite management. Public T-Hangars may be available; please contact Moorhead Aviation Services for rental/lease information. Moorhead Aviation Services can be contacted at 218.287.1400.
- 4,300 foot asphalt runway, 75 feet wide
- Full taxiway
- 4 Private Hangars
- 34 Public T-Hangars (managed by Moorhead Aviation, call 218.287.1400 for leasing information)
- Arrival/Departure (A/D) Area with restrooms, phone service and vending machines
- Courtesy vehicle for pilots
- Self Service Fuel - Jet A and Avgas
- Additional Information
NEW: COMMENTS REQUESTED - Airport Layout Plan Update
The Moorhead Airport Committee invites you to provide thoughts and feedback on a proposed amendment to the Airport Layout Plan (ALP) which designates areas for future hangar development.
- A Airport ALP Comment Survey has been developed to solicit comments regarding the Preferred ALP Alternative.
- Open House on Thursday, March 30, 2017 from 2:00-5:00 pm located at the offices of the airport consultant engineers, Mead & Hunt, Inc. 8-7th Street North, Fargo, ND (Phone: 701.566.6450). Stop in anytime!
- By Email
All comments received through April 11, 2017 for consideration by the Airport Committee during the review and anticipated recommendation to the City Council.
NEW: COMMENTS REQUESTED - Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Goal
NOTICE OF DISADVANTAGED BUSINESS ENTERPRISE (DBE) GOALMoorhead Municipal Airport has set a DBE goal of 4% for the FFY2017/2018/2019 Airport Improvement projects. The airport projects anticipate receiving federal grant dollars. The goal and its methodology are available for inspection, for 30 days from date of this publication, during normal business hours at:
Planning and Zoning Office, Kristie Leshovsky, City of Moorhead, 4th Floor, 500 Center Avenue, Moorhead, MN 56561
The Moorhead Municipal Airport, Moorhead, MN and US Department of Transportation will accept comments on the DBE goal for 30 days from date of this publication at the above City of Moorhead address and at:
US Department of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration, AGL-9, Office of Civil Rights Staff, 2300 East Devon Avenue, Des Plaines, IL 60018
Comments are for informational purposes only.
The Municipal Airport is overseen by the Airport Committee that reviews the operation, growth and promotion of the airport.
For general information.
Moorhead City Hall, 4th Floor
500 Center Avenue
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm