Driveway and Sidewalk Permit
A permit is required for installing a driveway approach, sidewalk or curb and gutter in the public right-of-way. The permit can only be issued to a bonded contractor or a homeowner who obtains a bond in the amount of $5,000 payable to the City of Moorhead and submits a Certificate of Liability Insurance (City of Moorhead listed as additional insured).
|Driveway Approach Permit||$30|
|Sidewalk or Curb & Gutter Permit||$25 per 50 foot increment|
For driveway and sidewalk permits, visit our Online Permit Application website and use your contractor's username and password to apply and pay for your permit.
Right-of-Way Excavation Permit
Excavation permits are required whenever an excavation or underground work is planned within the City's right-of-way. No person may excavate any right-of-way without first having obtained the appropriate Right-of-Way Permit from the Engineering Department.
Applicants must submit a completed permit application form along with:
- Scaled drawing showing the location of the proposed project
- $25,000 minimum Contractor Bond
- Certificate of Liability Insurance (City of Moorhead listed as additional insured)
- Erosion/Sediment Control Permit Application
Street and Boulevard Excavation Permit
*Mapping of project location is required for permit submittal
Directional Boring and Trenching Permit
*Mapping of project route is required for permit submittal
|BORING/tRENCHING & eXCAVATIONS
|Minimum Permit Fee (iNCLUDES sTORMWATER FEE)
Lawn Grade Permit
New in 2022 for any new home submissions, the City of Moorhead will no longer complete backyard drainage staking and inspections. The new Lot Grading and Drainage Acknowledgement still requires a signature, but the contractor or builder will be responsible for compliance of the drainage plan. For any previous Drainage Acknowledgement forms signed in 2021, the City will honor and fulfill the staking and inspections and normal procedures will be in place.
Engineering provides rear yard lawn grades to aid in establishing proper rear yard drainage. The fee is $40 per lawn grade request.
For lawn grade permits, visit our Online Permit Application website and use your contractor's username and password to apply and pay for your permit.
Over Dimensional/Weight Permit
Over Dimensional permits are required whenever a load is being moved within city limits that is oversize or overweight. No person may move an oversize load without first having obtained the appropriate Over Dimensional Permit from the Engineering Department.
- Single Move - submit a completed permit application.
- Annual – submit a completed permit application for the first move then update the trip log for each move.
When to submit a single move application:
- Moving more than one time a year, but with a different vehicle or load combination.
- Moving only one time.
When to submit an annual application:
- Moving multiple times within a year, with the same vehicle and load combination.
- Right-of-Way Details & Standards
- Erosion & Sediment Control Standards
- Grading & Erosion Control Form
- Grading & Erosion Control Permit Transfer
- Grading & Erosion Control Form
- Sanitary Service Repair Guidelines
- Gopher State One Call
- Home Sanitary & Water Service Connections
- Boulevard Planting Permit
- Wireless Telecommunications Permit