Streets & Parking



The Public Works Department provides maintenance and management of transportation systems – including pothole repair and storm drain maintenance and snow removal.

Street Lighting

Street lights are maintained by Moorhead Public Service. To report a broken or damaged street light call MPS at 218.477.8000 or by email.

Traffic Signal Lights

To report a broken or damaged traffic signal light call Engineering at 218.299.5390 or by email.


Parking restrictions are in effect all year long and necessary for street maintenance.  These restrictions are designated by and posted on streets signs.  For specific questions, email Streets or call 218.299.5422

Additional snow removal and emergency restrictions are in effect during the winter months.  Information on snow parking restrictions is on our Snow Removal page.

Expand/Contract Questions and Answers

  • Can a tenant in a rental unit in the 3-hour zone apply for a Residential Parking Permit?
  • Do residents have to follow the 3-hour parking requirements?
  • How far do I have to move my car to avoid a ticket in a 3-hour zone?
  • If my car is towed, how do I get it back?
  • What are the hours of the Snow Removal District parking restrictions?
  • What are the requirements for disability parking permit?
  • What happens if I lose my Residential Parking Permit?
  • Where can I park?
  • Who do I call if my driveway is blocked by a vehicle?
  • Will vehicles with disability license plates or residential parking permits have to move their cars for snow removal?
  • Will you issue warnings or tickets before towing?