The City of Moorhead adopts the Minnesota State Fire Code per MN Statute 299F.011. The current code is 2020 MN State Fire Code and is comprised of a model code with MN amendments. The model code is the 2018 International Fire Code (IFC) edition with 2020 Minnesota amendments.
If you have any fire code questions please contact the Fire Marshal at 218.299.5433 or the Fire Chief at 218.299.5298 or send us an email.
Burning Permits, Bonfires & Recreational Fires
More information is available on our Recreational Fires page.
Click on the permit name to download. For additional information, contact our Program Assistant at 218.299.5298.
Fees apply to some permits. Common permits include:
- Fire Alarm System Permit Applications
- New Fire Prevention Permit
- Open Burning Permit
- Tank Removal Permit
- Tank Installation Permit
- Temporary Membrane Structures Permit
- Fireworks Display Permit Application
- Water Based Fire Protection System Permit Application
- Explosives Permit Application
- Fireworks Sales and/or Storage Permit
- Alternative Automatic Fire Extinguishing System Permit Application