Elections and Voting
Find your Polling Place
Enter your address into the Ward/Precinct Finder to identify your polling location, which includes a map to the site. The Ward/Precinct Map provides a description of all ward and precinct boundaries as well as all polling locations throughout the city.Voter Registration and Eligibility
Voter registration is required in Minnesota.
How to register to vote (links below will direct you to the Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State website):
Who can vote in Minnesota?
- You must be:
- A U.S. citizen
- At least 18 years old on Election Day
- A resident of Minnesota for 20 days
- Finished with all parts of any felony sentence
- You can vote while under guardianship unless a judge specifically has revoked your right to vote
- You cannot vote if a court has ruled that you are legally incompetent
For additional information on voter registration and proof of residence, please visit the Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State website or contact the Clay County Auditor's Office.
- Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State
Provides numerous resources related to Minnesota elections and voting information
- Clay County Auditor’s Office
Administers the functions of Federal, State, and local elections
- City Charter