Below is a list of news items for the City of Moorhead with the most recent items at the top. If you would like to see news for a certain category, you can select it from the the drop-down box labeled (All Categories). Any news older than 90 days is automatically archived and removed from this list.
You can also subscribe to our eNotifications to automatically receive emails as we post news to the site.
Moorhead Farmer's Market Opens June 2nd
Moorhead Parks and Recreation is excited to announce the 7th Annual Moorhead Farmers Market! Throughout the summer you will be able to enjoy fresh, locally grown produce, jams, salsa, hand-crafted items, plants, dog treats and more!
Tuesdays: June 2-September 29
Time: 3:30-6:30 pm
Location: Moorhead Ace Hardware, 20 6th St S
In compliance with Governor Walz's Executive Order 20-04, Farmers Markets are considered an essential service and are allowed to operate as long as social distancing and safety practices are followed. In order to do this the following precautions will be taking place at the market this year:
- All Farmers Market Staff will wear face masks during market hours.
- Vendors are asked to provide and wear their own masks.
- Designated Entrance Only into Ace Hardware Lot: Main Ave
- Designated Exit Only: 6th St S, across from M&H
- Hand washing stations and hand sanitizer will be available for customer, vendor, and staff use.
- Customers will flow in one direction, please maintain a 6 foot social distance at all times.
- One customer per vendor booth at a time.
- Vendors are to provide an extra table between their stands and the customers. Vendors will also package and give all goods to customers.
- Overflow parking will be available in the Trinity Lutheran Church North Lot, the Rourke Art Gallery, and the Moorhead Library. Look for the designated Overflow Parking signs.
We are happy to share that SNAP will once again be accepted at the Moorhead Farmer's Market to allow individuals an opportunity to get fresh local food with their SNAP/EBT Card. Spend $1 and get $1 free for SNAP eligible foods up to $10, courtesy of First Presbyterian Church, Essentia Health, PartnerSHIP 4 Health, and Hunger Solutions.
This year we will also be implementing the Power of Produce (PoP) Club! PoP is a farmers market incentive program that is offered nationwide and gives children ages 4-12 a $2 token each week (while funding lasts) to spend on fresh fruits and vegetables! Register onsite or online!
The Moorhead Farmers Market and the Moorhead Parks and Recreation is a member of the Minnesota Farmers Market Association and Minnesota Grown.