Below is a list of news items for the City of Moorhead with the most recent items at the top. If you would like to see news for a certain category, you can select it from the the drop-down box labeled (All Categories). Any news older than 90 days is automatically archived and removed from this list.
You can also subscribe to our eNotifications to automatically receive emails as we post news to the site.
Construction Update: SE Main|20 St|21 St Underpass Project
Construction Progress Report:
• Project is approximately 50% complete.
• Work near the railroad tracks has been suspended due to the slope failure on the “shoo-fly” track that occurred on August 5. Work will resume once the corrections have been fully inspected and safety can be assured.
• Work is progressing on areas that are outside of the “shoo-fly” influence area.
• 20 St S between 6 Ave & 8 Ave opened to traffic today.
• A three-week period of overnight construction is anticipated in November following The Ottertail Valley Railroad (OTVR) track construction. Notice will be provided when specific date is known.
Looking ahead: The map below depicts roads that are anticipated to reopen later this fall, weather dependent.
For more information on the SE Main|20 St|21 St Underpass Project, please see our current projects page.
City of Moorhead Engineering Department, 218.299.5390