The City of Moorhead offers no-interest home rehabilitation loans available to qualified homeowners through federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds. If you can answer “Yes” to all the following questions, you may qualify for a no-interest rehabilitation loan to make necessary electrical, plumbing, heating, energy and/or structural repairs.
Would I qualify?
Is the home:
- Located within Moorhead city limits?
- At least 15 years old?
- Attached to a permanent foundation (not a mobile home)?
- An owner-occupied single-family dwelling or duplex?
Is the total gross annual income earned by residents of the household, age 18 and over, equal to or less than the amount listed in the following chart?
- $20,000 maximum loan amount when equity allows
- 0% interest
- Fully Secured by equity in the home
- Repayable upon sale, transfer of property, or non-occupancy by owner
If necessary, homeowners may subordinate their CDBG Home Rehabilitation Loans to a new mortgage under certain circumstances.