The Mayor’s Office will issue proclamations for extraordinary State or local events that deserve special recognition from the Mayor. Proclamations will be issued for events or activities that affect a broad group of people. Content and subject matter of the proclamation must not take sides in matters of political, ideological, or religious controversy or individual convictions. Official proclamations will not be issued to honor birthdays or retirements.
Requests for proclamations:
- Must have a local sponsor and be made by a resident of Moorhead, Dilworth, Fargo, or West Fargo
- Organizations are limited to one proclamation request within the same calendar year
- The Mayor’s Office reserves the right to modify or deny any proclamation request
- The issuance of any proclamation does not indicate mayoral endorsement of the event or the content of the event being proclaimed, and cannot be used for fundraising purposes
Complete the Proclamation Request Form (all requests must be in writing) at least 20 calendar days in advance of the date it is needed.
- Proclamation requests must include the following:
- Contact person’s full name, address, telephone number(s) and email address
- The date when the proclamation is needed
- A brief summary or background of the event and/or organization making the request
- The name and date(s) of the day, week, month or event to be proclaimed
- Proposed proclamation text (no more than 300 words in length), including “Whereas” clauses and a “Now therefore” (what is being proclaimed?)
- Submit the Proclamation Request Form online
- Questions? Contact the City Manager's Office via email or 218.299.5303
Note: The preferred form of submission is via the web form. All other forms of submission will take additional time to process.