Influence the direction of Onward Moorhead, the city’s 10-year comprehensive plan. We are in the middle of the process so your input will still directly impact the vision for your city!
What is your wish for Moorhead in the next 10 years? Do you want to see more jobs and businesses? Are you interested in more ways to get around by walking, biking, or transit? Are there enough housing options where you want to live? What about parks, public art, and community-building events?
Follow along with the process, so you don't miss opportunities to share your ideas for the City of Moorhead Comprehensive Plan: Onward Moorhead! by signing up below and following the City Facebook page.
The City of Moorhead has partnered with the Stantec Consulting team to facilitate the comprehensive planning process for the city along with subconsultants Toole Design and Folkways.
- Background Report - Summary of previous City plans.
The City of Moorhead Comprehensive Plan: Onward Moorhead! will envision the community's future for the next 10 years by outlining goals and action steps to make the vision a reality. We will evaluate topics like arts and culture, mobility, parks and open space, urban design, land use and community sustainability and resilience.
- Community Voices - The plan includes a deliberate process to reach a broad cross-section of community members to ensure a holistic, inclusive participation process. Check out our process and initial ideas about how to accomplish this in the Public Engagement Plan.
This planning project is proposed to be an 18-month process anticipated to be complete by March 2022.
- September 2020: Project kick off
- January 2021: Phase I Engagement
- April - May 2021: Phase II Public Engagement
- July-Aug 2021: Phase III Public Engagement
- March 2022: City Council approves final plan
Previous Long-range Planning efforts
Previous City of Moorhead comprehensive plans and other long-range plans are available on the Long Range Planning page.