General Questions

  • How do I apply for public housing?
    You are able to apply for public housing on the website by clicking on How to Apply at the top of this page.  If you need further assistance, you can call 218.299.5458.
  • Where are the apartment homes located?
    The PHA owns the River View Heights Apartments which are located at 800 Second Avenue North, with preference for disabled and elderly individuals.  There are designated elderly only apartments at Sharp View which are located at 920 5th Avenue South.  The PHA also owns 6 three bedroom duplexes (12 units), 15 scattered site homes (3 and 4 bedrooms), and 3 townhome apartments (2 bedrooms).
  • How much do I pay for rent?
    Your rent is based on 30% of your gross adjusted income.  The Moorhead PHA staff will determine your exact rent amount.
  • Where do I pay my rent?
    You can pay your rent at the MPHA office.  The drop box is located in the front entry of the River View Heights office.  There is also a drop box on the main floor in the Sharp View apartments.
  • What do I do if I need something fixed in my apartment?
    You can call 218.299.5458 during working hours or 701.799.8791 after working hours. The after hour line is only for emergency maintenance situations.
  • What do I do if my income changes?
    If you reside in public housing and have a change in income, you must report it to the MPHA within 10 days.