The resources contained on this page will provide you with the information and forms necessary for the background investigation phase of the Police Officer hiring process. A thorough background investigation is conducted on all top ranking candidates.
Start by having certified transcripts from all high schools and colleges forwarded immediately to Lieutenant Mike Detloff (contact info below).
Next, thoroughly read and complete the following background investigation forms. For your convenience these forms are fillable PDF documents; however each individual release form must be signed and submitted with an original signature.
Complete the following forms:
- Background Investigation Information Packet
- Credit Related Information Form
- Data Practice Release Form
- Educational Institution Data Practice Release Form
- Employer Data Practice Release Form
- Law Enforcement Data Practice Release Form
- MN Department of Public Safety Data Practice Release Form
- MN Board of Peace Officer Standards and Training Data Practice Release Form
- Final Checklist
Submit completed forms (with original signatures) and certified transcripts to:
Please contact Human Resources with any questions.
City of Moorhead Police Department
Attn: Lt. Mike Detloff
911 11th Street North
Moorhead, MN 56560
Email Lt. Mike Detloff