Below is a list of news items for the City of Moorhead with the most recent items at the top. If you would like to see news for a certain category, you can select it from the the drop-down box labeled (All Categories). Any news older than 90 days is automatically archived and removed from this list.
You can also subscribe to our eNotifications to automatically receive emails as we post news to the site.
Recycling Guides - Now Available in Multiple Languages
Arabic, Kurdish, Somali & Spanish Recycling Guides now available.
Moorhead's no-sort recycling program is much more convenient for residents than the former self-sort method. The City continues to make the no-sort program more accessible. We now offer our recycling guides in four languages—Arabic, Kurdish, Somali, and Spanish.
The City of Moorhead asks the community's assistance in reducing the amount of non-recyclable materials placed in the recycling totes and dumpsters. Contamination may result in rejection of truckloads by the materials recycling processor and consequently, those materials end up in the landfill. Here's some top processing concerns:
- Plastic bags: while bags can be dropped off at some grocery stores, they can't go in City bins as they clog the sorting equipment
- Frozen food boxes: waxy liners/coatings cannot be processed
- Food waste and debris: please rinse food containers
- Styrofoam: not recyclable
- And, if in doubt, throw it out! Ineligible materials can contaminate the whole bin.
Managers and owners of rental property may contact us to receive copies of the guides to distribute to tenants, please contact us by email or by calling 218.299.5422.
Thanks to everyone that recycles!
Moorhead Public Works