Custom Documents, Images & Calendar
- Ongoing Projects / Planning Documents
- Senior Center
- Special Events
- League Rules and Schedules
- Park Brochures
- Reservation Rules and Regulations 2021
- Registration Form 2020-21
- Scholarship Form 2021
- Available Park List
- River Excursions Registration Form 2021
- Foundations- Fargo Park District Presentation
- 2018 Golf Food & Beverage Packet
- Center Mall Long Track Map
- Center Mall Short Track Map
- 2019 Adopt-the-Red Map
- Food & Beverage RFP 2018
Ward 1 Earth Week Buckthorn Removal/Litter Cleanup
- Date: 05/03/2022 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Location: MB Johnson Park
Join City Council members Shelly Dahlquist and Matt Gilbertson for buckthorn removal, trash pickup, and food forest maintenance at M.B. Johnson Park. Pick up supplies at the small shelter. Please bring sturdy gloves for buckthorn removal.
Dress warmly; waterproof boots encouraged. Vests, pickers, and cloth gloves will be provided. Please bring sturdy gloves if you have them for extra comfort! Some sturdier gloves will be provided, but supplies will be limited. Help improve the beauty and health of our community by joining the City Council members, the City Sustainability Coordinator and Forestry Staff in this volunteer activity.
Forestry staff will cut buckthorn ahead of the event, and volunteers will help drag buckthorn out of the woods for staff to collect the following day. Buckthorn is an invasive species that competes with native plants, so removal will be beneficial to our local ecosystem.