Sandbag Operations Center
Moorhead's "Sandbag Operations Center" is located at 1313 30 Ave S (Moorhead Schools Operations Center).
Hours of Operation
Volunteer Sign Up
- Register online for available shifts
- Groups of volunteers are especially encouraged to register in advance
- No internet? Sign up through our Floor Call Center at 218.299.5300 during normal business hours
Parking & Transportation
Volunteers are to park on the west side of the building only. Volunteer check in will be through door #1 on the west side of the building. Click here for SOC map.
Bus service is available to Moorhead’s Sandbag Operations Center during the entirety of its operating hours, excluding Sundays.
- Route 5 (Click here for Route 5 map) has bus stops near Sandbag Operations Center at 30 Ave and 13 St S (arriving at :16 and :46 after the hour) and at Belsly Blvd and 14 St S (arriving at :03 and :33 after the hour
Google Maps has a bus trip planning feature or call 701.232.7500 for route information. All volunteers can ride free on MATBUS by telling the bus driver they are on their way to Sandbag Operations Center.
- MSUM Students: Route 2 departs from 11 St by the Center for Business and travels to the Marriott Transfer Hub, where the bus automatically becomes Route 5, providing a one-seat ride to Sandbag Operations Center
- M|State Students can travel from campus to Sandbag Operations Center directly on Route 5
- Concordia students can take Route 1 from any of the 8 St bus stops at 7 Ave, 9 Ave and the shelter near 10 Ave (arriving at :19 and :49 after the hour) or the 5 St shelter at 9 Ave (arriving at :03 and :33 after the hour) to the Marriott Hub and transfer onto Route 5
What to Wear
Wear appropriate shoes such as tennis shoes or boots – no open toed shoes, sandals or flip flops will be allowed. Wear comfortable clothing, keeping in mind clothing will get dirty. Consider dressing in layers for varying temperatures. Sandbagging will take place indoors, however, overhead doors will open and closed frequently. Please bring work gloves if you have them, otherwise there will be a limited amount of work gloves available.
All volunteers are required to fill out a Volunteer Waiver Form. Waivers will also be available at the Sandbag Operations Center. Please be ready to provide a picture ID upon request. Minors need the signature of a parent or guardian to participate.
- Volunteers age 14-17 can work independently with a parental signed waiver.
- Volunteers 13 and under must work with a parent or guardian.