The Moorhead Community Fund through the FM Area Foundation was established in 2018 to provide opportunities to fund raise toward community amenities for our residents and visitors. The Moorhead Community Fund Advisory Board will evaluate potential projects and make recommendations to City Council for funding and fund management. Duties of the Advisory Committee include:
- Participate in Quarterly Meetings or as needed.
- Identify and recommend projects, supported by community, for prioritization to City Council for
- Assist with fundraising for identified projects by;
- Identifying potential donor opportunities within the community.
- Assist in presenting identified project(s) to service groups or others that may be interested in
donating to the Moorhead Community Fund.
- Review and make suggestions on fundraising efforts and materials.
- Make recommendations to the Moorhead City Council for fund distribution for identified projects.
- Council member
- Arts and Culture Commission designee
- Parks Advisory Board designee
- Downtown Moorhead Inc. designee
- Moorhead Business Association designee
- Minnesota State University - Moorhead appointment by MSUM President
- Community Member, at large
Term length: 3 years
Term limit: 2 terms
Staff Liaison: Holly Heitkamp, Parks and Recreation Department Director and Kim Citrowske, Assistant Planner
Mayor Judd determines Council Member Committee assignments.
|Carrie Wintersteen||Art & Culture Commission|
|Dave Anderson||Downtown Moorhead Inc|
|Sheri Larson||Moorhead Business Assoc.|
|Doug Peters||MSU Moorhead|
|James Hand||Park Advisory Board|