CLEANUP WEEK POSTPONED UNTIL SEPTEMBER 14-18, 2020
(OAKPORT NEIGHBORHOOD SEPTEMBER 22, 2020)
Moorhead Cleanup Week Rules
Curbside Cleanup Week will be September 14-18, 2020. The collection date for the Oakport Neighborhood will be the following week on Tuesday, September 22, 2020. Crews will collect such items as appliances (limit 2 per residence), tires (limit 4 per residence), furniture and household goods at your curb on your scheduled garbage collection day. Items must be curbside by 5 a.m. (Please note apartments and businesses are not eligible for the curbside Cleanup Week program, which is part of the residential rate structure).
Please DO NOT place your excess garbage out prior to Cleanup Week. Garbage set out before Cleanup Week will be collected and you will be charged based on the amount of garbage.
To help you prepare for a successful Cleanup Week, here are some simple rules to follow:
- Separate items of the same type into distinct piles (tires, appliances, furniture, brush, household garbage, etc.). Separate trucks collect the items.
- Place garbage in disposable containers, such as cardboard boxes, except for oversized items.
- Items will be collected on your normal garbage pickup day. Do not set items out more than one day early. Crews will not return to pick up garbage set out too late.
- Remove refrigerator and freezer doors. Do not place food or any other waste inside appliances.
- Items must be from residences only (from your own home); no commercial waste will be accepted. Keep household garbage at least four feet away from other Cleanup Week items.
- Specialty items collected at no additional charge:
o Two appliances per household.
o Tires, but no rims. Limit of 4 tires per residence.
o Empty propane tanks; valves do not need to be removed.
What will you see on your Cleanup Week day? You'll see the following crews collecting different material throughout the day:
- Automated garbage truck: Will collect your normal garbage tote.
- Rear loader #1: Will collect remaining garbage items placed on your curb.
- Rear loader #2: Will collect yard waste to take to the compost site.
- Chipper truck: Will collect branches (standard 4' x 8' x 12' pile size).
- Payloader/dump truck: Will collect metal items the next day.
Cleanup Week crews WILL NOT pick up the following materials:
- TVs/Computers/Electronics - Clay County will host special collection events for residential TVs, computer monitors, and computers on Saturday, September 12 from 8 a.m. to noon. Items can be dropped off at 1300 15th Ave. N. in Moorhead (located behind the Clay County DMV). Clay County will also accept items during Cleanup Week (September 14-18) from noon to 6 p.m. As a reminder, items can also be dropped off all year, free of charge, every Tuesday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. This collection is for residential e-waste only. More information please call 218-299-7329.
- Demolition and Construction Materials - Examples are, but not limited to:
o Sheet Rock
o Old Fencing Material
o Asphalt shingles
Demolition and construction materials are accepted at the Clay Demolition Debris Landfill for a fee. Details (including disposal rates) can be found at: Clay Demolition Landfill Guidance or by calling 218-498-2430. The Moorhead Transfer Station, located at 2727 Highway 10 East, Moorhead, MN, will also accept demolition and construction material. Disposal fees will apply.
- Hazardous Household Material Waste - You must take these items to the Clay County Household Hazardous Waste facility located at 2729 Highway 10 East, Moorhead, MN. More information please call 218-299-5077.
You may bring furniture, household goods, excess garbage, and other large items to the Moorhead Transfer Station from September 7- September 25, during normal hours, FREE OF CHARGE (also applies to apartments). Proof of City of Moorhead residency will be required (ie, Driver's License). Fees will still apply to demolition and construction materials.
Moorhead Transfer Station hours of operation:
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. (year round)
Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. (September 12 & September 19, 2020)
May 4 - November 20, 2020, you can take yard waste to the Moorhead Compost Site at Highway 75 and 15th Ave. North
Compost Site hours of operation:
Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
Sign up for eNotifications from the City of Moorhead and choose "service alerts" to receive an email reminder prior to cleanup activities.
For more information, including guidelines, dates, and contacts, email Sanitation or call 218.299.5347.