Moorhead's Storefront Rehab Program provides financial assistance to small business owners to encourage the revitalization of older commercial properties in the Moorhead Renaissance Zone. A property owner in the Moorhead Renaissance Zone can apply for a forgivable loan to improve their storefront facade. Funds can be used to fund exterior renovation such as signs, exterior doors, windows, awnings, exterior graphics, exterior lighting, and other façade or landscape improvements.
Forgivable Loan Details
- Loan amount can vary from a minimum of $5,000 to $25,000 per store front
- Requires 50% matching funds (cash or other loan)
- 0% interest deferred, forgivable after 5 years of business
The City of Moorhead is now accepting its first round of applications:
- Fall 2019 - Applications accepted through October 1, 2019
- Spring 2020 - Date will be announced early 2020
Must include budget with quotes, photo, and scale drawings of proposed facade changes. Architectural review is preferred. Applicants responsible for closing costs.
For more information contact Economic Development or call 218.299.5441.