Below is a list of news items for the City of Moorhead with the most recent items at the top. If you would like to see news for a certain category, you can select it from the the drop-down box labeled (All Categories). Any news older than 90 days is automatically archived and removed from this list.
You can also subscribe to our eNotifications to automatically receive emails as we post news to the site.
- Request of J. Watkins for a Conditional Use Permit - 1812 56th Ave N
Planning Commission 12/5/2018 at 5:00 PM
11/21/2018 8:00 amdetail
- Crash at a friends, not on the road; Friends don’t let friends drive impaired
Extra DWI Patrols During the Holidays on Clay County Roads Nov. 21 – Dec. 29
11/20/2018 10:21 amdetail
- Moorhead Golf Courses seeking Food & Beverage Provider
Proposals are now being accepted from vendors.
11/15/2018 8:37 amdetail
- Female struck by train on November 5 identified.
The female involved in the pedestrian train collision on Monday, Nov. 5, has been positively identified by the Ramsey County Medical Examiner’s Office as Becky Lynn Bachmeier, age 47, of Moorhead.
11/13/2018 10:57 amdetail
- City of Moorhead Garbage Service Change Notice
Thanksgiving Day Holiday collection schedule
- Fatal Pedestrian/Train Collision
The Moorhead Police Department responded to a fatal collision involving a train and a pedestrian.
11/05/2018 5:26 pmdetail
- Woodlawn Pedestrian/Bike Bridge Removal
The floating bridge between Woodlawn Park and Dike East to be removed for the season.
11/05/2018 2:08 pmdetail
- Assistance in locating Female Juvenile Runaway
The Moorhead Police Department is asking the public's assistance in locating Karissa Butcher, age 15.
11/01/2018 2:35 pmdetail
- Building & Housing Update
Construction Permit Activity Reports through October 2018 are now available.
11/01/2018 12:39 pmdetail
- Notice to Competitors for Tax Incentive(s) and Public Hearing
- Property Assessment Reviews in Moorhead Neighborhoods
The City of Moorhead Assessor's office will be conducting property reviews of residential properties in several Moorhead subdivisions to comply with state law.
- Drug Take Back Results
The Moorhead Police Department, in partnership with the DEA, conducted a drug take back event on Saturday, October 27.
10/29/2018 11:29 amdetail
- Traffic Alert & Construction Update: SE Main|20 St|21 St Underpass Project
Although a major detour is still in place, there is some traffic relief with road re-openings near the high school
10/26/2018 8:41 amdetail
- Smoke Free Rental Housing
Free opportunity for landlords and property managers to learn all about the benefits of going to smoke free buildings.
10/24/2018 4:05 pmdetail
- Assistance Requested With Locating Runaway
15 year old Arianna Donovan of Moorhead
10/24/2018 3:00 pmdetail
- Construction Update: SE Main|20 St|21 St Underpass Project
Pile driving begins – standard operations 7:30 am – 5:30 pm Monday - Friday
10/22/2018 1:00 pmdetail
- Drug Take Back Event Saturday, October 27
The Moorhead Police Department will be partnering with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) to collect unwanted or expired prescription medications as part of the National Prescription Drug Take Back Day.
10/22/2018 11:32 amdetail
- Vandalism Investigation
The Moorhead Police Department is asking for the public’s assistance in identifying the individual or individuals responsible for a recent vandalism spree.
10/19/2018 4:18 pmdetail
- City of Moorhead Response to Statements about Matthew Lambert
The City of Moorhead received notice of criminal charges filed in State of North Dakota, Cass County District Court against Matthew Lambert.
10/19/2018 9:40 amdetail
- Traffic Alert: Short Term Closure of 12 Av/15 Av N Bridge
Starting on Monday, October 22, the 12 Av/15 Av N Bridge will be closed to traffic
10/19/2018 9:11 amdetail