Below is a list of news items for the City of Moorhead with the most recent items at the top. If you would like to see news for a certain category, you can select it from the the drop-down box labeled (All Categories). Any news older than 90 days is automatically archived and removed from this list.
You can also subscribe to our eNotifications to automatically receive emails as we post news to the site.
Building & Housing Update - Construction Season Hours
Moorhead extends business hours for peak construction season
The additional hours of operation are intended to help contractors and do-it-yourself homeowners take advantage of the daylight and warm weather to maximize the construction season. The services available include:
• Obtaining permits for building, plumbing, mechanical, excavation, sidewalks, approaches and lawn grades
• Scheduling inspections for building, plumbing, mechanical, excavation, sidewalks, approaches and staking for lawn grades
• Submitting plans for new construction projects
• Reporting property and traffic concerns
Both telephone and in-person customer service will be provided.
Moorhead City Hall 4th Floor, 500 Center Ave
• Building Codes 218.299.5424
• Engineering 218.299.5390
• Planning and Neighborhood Services 218.299.5434
Information on housing opportunities in Moorhead, including incentives for new construction and remodeling, are showcased at makeMoorheadhome.com.