Below is a list of news items for the City of Moorhead with the most recent items at the top. If you would like to see news for a certain category, you can select it from the the drop-down box labeled (All Categories). Any news older than 90 days is automatically archived and removed from this list.
You can also subscribe to our eNotifications to automatically receive emails as we post news to the site.
Traffic Alert: MnDOT to Conduct Overnight Lane Closures
Motorists in the Moorhead area will encounter overnight lane closures on several highways the week of May 21.
MnDOT Crews will complete maintenance work on and near several bridges between 9:00 pm and 5:00 am each night.
Affected bridges include:
· Interstate 94 Red River bridge
· Highway 10 Veterans Memorial bridge over the Red River
· Highway 75 bridges over I-94
· 20 Street bridge over I-94
· Main Ave Southeast/County Road 52 bridge over I-94
· 34 Street bridge over I-94
· Highway 336 bridge over I-94
· Highway 336 bridge over Highway 10
· I-94 Buffalo River bridges
The maintenance work includes flushing the bridges, which removes sand and other particles that collect on the bridge joints and abutments. Crews also will look for deterioration that may have occurred during the winter and make repairs to the road surface.
The highways will remain open, but motorists may encounter short delays.
The work is occurring during overnight hours to minimize traffic impacts in the Fargo-Moorhead area.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota, visit www.511mn.org or dial 5-1-1.